Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Checking in just in case someone looks at this

I don't know if anyone even looks at this anymore. But, if you happen to think of us and look here, I thought I'd post a quick update. We finally bought a house in April...that's been a great relief...just having a place to be as a family and to have our 'things' and to not have to impose our big family on my parent's small house. It's been a great, great blessing and relief to have our own space again. The other great part about it is that it is close to my family...5 miles from my parents and my grandmother. And, it's one mile from the church that we've decided will be our church home...that's a great benefit to me for participating in activities for me and the kids. So, that's where we are on our living situation.

Our next issue though is Dave's travel schedule. He's on the road too much. It's a temporary project but it's pulling him away much more than he ever dreamed of being away from us, so it's been a very difficult few months... it's difficult on me and the kids, but I'm starting to believe it's even more difficult on him. Anyway, that's keeping us a little unsettled ... and a little disconnected from all of you. We hope that changes soon...so he can be here with us and more active with the kids...if you know Dave, you know that being a kid with his kid is his favorite thing in life.

On the petty side, I'm still having trouble getting my own stuff set up...a printer from Europe isn't easy to get going here. First, the power cable. Now it's the printer cartridges...the numbers that I thought would work don't work. Normally, you would jump in the car and run to the store and take care of these things easily, but with Dave away, doing that with 3 little ones isn't easy and just doesn't get done fast. So, I'm still not set up to function normally... maybe in 18 years...

As for the kids, Will's all boy...really. He looks like a sumo wrestler, sleeps like a charm after FINALLY getting his own space to sleep, and is just an all around keeper. He's happy, fun, and great. The girls are also...they're just getting to be too big. Cambelle moved from a crib to a big girl bed without a paci when we got into the new house. And she's a big girl with NO diapers now, also (one is diapers is such a breeze!) And Kacey has just sprouted...she's so tall. And sweet...and she's snaggle toothed....2 bottom teeth fell out. She's been in ballet camp and Summer camp at the church, but otherwise, they've all been with me playing and enjoying Summertime stuff...the Pool!!! Summer's moving far too fast... time in general is going far too fast with my kids. I'm so happy to feel like we are starting to settle into a new place, lock ourselves into schools, activities, friends...I feel they've been so uprooted in their young lives. Fortunately, they're very adaptable and probably all the better for it, but I'm still looking forward to some stability for them... getting back to the States at this phase is a good thing for them and our families.

Moving back also has it's sad times and this point is one of those times for me...I think I'm hitting the 6 month mark of missing the old friends and sights and life...I do have a huge desire to visit and see our friends over there. Perhaps Dave's long business trip over there is magnifying it also. But, I am happy to know I don't live there and have to ship my kids back and forth for hours in an airplane every few months just to connect with my family. That's a relief in many ways.

I'll get some pictures on here sometime...that's another petty computer problem I have that would be easy to fix if I had 10 minutes alone!!!!

No comments: