Wednesday, February 10, 2010

February 11, 2010 - Sorry no updates, Happy Birthdays!

I've been overwhelmed with life the past 6 months and I've fallen WAY behind on a number of things...this blog being only one of them. I think most people know it, but if not, we have returned to the U.S. Our landlord in Fribourg needed our house and that triggered discussions with Dave's company which resulted in a new job for him based in Atlanta. So, we had all our stuff packed up in October and we moved with our suitcases into a temporary corporate apartment...thank you Ms. Landlord. On December 13th, we left that lovely apartment in Switzerland and flew to Atlanta (many thanks to Tom, Katie, Manuel and Valerie for helping us with the bags!) And we're living with my parents until we find a new house (many thanks to Rymon and Patricia!!!).

I'm the definition of a creature of habit, so no move or change is ever easy for me. With that in mind, I can't call any of what has happened enjoyable except knowing that our families are thrilled about it. We miss our Swiss friends and life there...it was a really pleasant place to live. But we do enjoy the comforts of home and I think it's good timing for our family to make this change.

With all that summed up, we have a couple of birthdays to celebrate!
Alexandra...Happy Jumping...wish we were there to dance and jump with you!!!!!




Jacob, Happy Birthday plus a day...



LUCA, Happy Birthday to you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there :) I hope you're doing fine overseas! We miss our nicest neighbours too! I especially miss the kids! In fact i'll come to the states in spring 2011 for 1 semester. I don't know where i'll be placed yet (i have to choose 10 possible universities), but i'll let you know!!
In the meantime: take care!!

Teresa Delgado