Tuesday, July 22, 2008

July 2008 - Kids, Visitors, Parties, and a June Milestone

Not exactly chronological, but due to high demand, I had to post this video from June. A Cambelle milestone.It's just a small sample of what she can do. And she's got 4 top teeth coming in...2 are through and 2 are trying.



Back to July, yesterday, Katie, Marti and I met at the Manora for lunch. The great thing there is a playground, so the kids love it, too. Here's Kacey and Charlie ...



Occasionally, Kacey will wake up and dress herself. Here's what she came down in one morning last week.






















Two weekends ago, I found out that Dave was going to Turkey for work, and I was having 5 visitors, at random times over the next week. My friend Stephanie had a nephew graduate from High School, so he (Tyler) and his friend (Andrew) were backpacking through Europe and they stopped here for 2 days on their route between Venice and Munich. They I fed them some Swiss food, showed them around Fribourg and took them to the chocolate factory. Hopefully they'll send me some pictures so I can post them on here. Kacey LOVED them...she sang for them and I heard her say to them, "So far, I've had a really good life." They headed out toward Germany on Friday, the 18th. I was impressed...I told them that after navigating the language issues and the trains over here, they'll have no trouble in college.

Also, two friends that I knew in college came here to meet up and go to the Tour de France. Paul came in from Atlanta and Kyle lives in Warsaw, Poland. (Kyle got married last month in Poland, and we had planned on going, but Dave's work schedule stopped that trip.) Paul was here for two days. He rode his bike to Schwarzsee. And, he went to the Fribourg Jazz Festival with me, the girls, and Marti and her boys one night. Kyle and a friend of his, Theo, drove 17 hours from Warsaw and were here for about 8 hours...they left on the morning of July 19th. I know they're loving life in France right now... yes, I'm jealous!
















On the afternoon of July 19th, Luca's mom had her 40th birthday party, so Kacey and I went to it while Cambelle stayed with Tom and Katie ... thank God for them. They taught Cambelle how to walk and say 'Tom'. Here are a few pictures from Barbara's party...






















And more pictures of the kids!





No comments: