Sunday, May 13, 2007

May 13, 2007 - Mother's Day in Lucern




We went to Lucern today. Dave and Kacey took me there for Mother's Day. It was not what I was expecting...I was just expecting a lake. There is a lake which is really nice, but the city and the scenery around it is impressive. And, majestitic, snow-topped mountains in the background just make it spectacular. We took a boat ride and saw many stops for riding our bikes and beaches for swimming. So, we'll be back there. I'd like to go back for a few days personally.


After our boat ride, we walked around and crossed the wooden bridge, grabbed a gelato (pink gelato for Kacey), and saw a swan hiss and threaten to attack an approaching dog... I thought swans were peaceful, but saw another side of them today.


It was a great day. We rode back by way of Interlocken and Kacey slept the entire way home. After we got home, we were able to Skype my family for Mother's Day and see everyone gathered at Mema and Papa's house... made me homesick. We still trying to reach Dave's parents, but are hoping to talk to them soon.


Other things that happened this week:


  • Susan's parents, Christy and Dale, visited Fribourg. Kacey and I went on the mini train with them around Fribourg and they came over and broke in our raclette machine for us. It was great to see them.

  • We played Quiddler with Tom and Katie. And, Tom, while taking a sip of water, broke the second of our four plastic rental chairs. Scott broke the first one last week. I'm not sitting in those chairs...if I crash like he did, I'm afraid I'd give birth.

  • We attended the open house and Kacey's school and went on a tour of Fribourg with Marti, Scott, and Charlie.

  • But, our container arrives tomorrow with all of our things, so we won't have to worry about our fragile rental furniture any longer.

  • Dave will have a short work week...he gets the day off tomorrow because the container will arrive, then Thursday and Friday are holidays.

  • And, Robert, Jeanne-Marie, Eric, and Maureen get here on Saturday for a weeklong visit...I'll put them to work unpacking our boxes ;-).






No comments: