




Formatting is all messed up...sorry...just trying to get stuff in here, so hopefully you can figure it out.
Christmas Markets are everywhere over here... I'm no Christmas Market expert, but the one I went to in Montreau was really nice. Marti and I went with the kids, so we didn't get to actually look and buy, but from a distance it looked like things were really nice. We spent most of our time playing... carousels, Merry-go-Rounds, etc are where we spent most of our time.
We went on a cooking baking frenzie. Dave took some to work for the lady who made arrangments for our move... they were spotted by someone and cameras came out for pictures. Apparently, American cookies are an exciting thing to see over here. Dave had me bring extras up for the rest of his office areas ... as you can see, there were plenty to share.
The passport arrived!!! I should have taken a picture of the La Poste guy who brought it to me... in case you didn't know this story, we had planned to go back to the U.S. in October to show Cambelle to our family and go to Dave's Mom's b-day party, but we couldn't get her passport. It had me really down. Before she was born, I had called and investigated all that was needed for the passport paperwork to make sure we could get it processed asap, so everything was in a folder and ready to go as soon as the baby arrived. Then the delays started.... translations, info missing on Dave's N.J. birth certificate, etc... so October fell off the radar really quick when N.J. says it will be a minimum of 5 weeks to get Dave's Birth Certificate replaced. Anyway, we finally got everything we needed to get Cambelle's Birth Certificate in early November. It took just over a week for it to finally arrived. So, we went asap to the Embassy for the passport (Dave takes vacation time for this...). It's Veteran's Day and they're closed... so we go back the next day. They say it should be to us by the end of the month, so we go ahead and book flights home based on that. But I didn't tell anyone for fear of just dissappointing everybody again. The girls and I would fly home on December 2 and Dave would come in a week later. And the passport arrived on Thursday, November 28...3 days before we leave.
December 1, we go to Neyruz, where April and John Geisheimer live... St. Nick was coming there that morning to see the kids. Apparently, St. Nick and Papa Noel are two different figures here. It was an interesting experience... Kacey and Benji were troopers cause we had to stand out in the rain and there were some scary figures with St. Nick but they filled him in on their requests and received a bag of peanuts and oranges. It was different from home... way different. But fun to see a different kind of Christmas figure that I would have never known about if I weren't living in Switzerland.
And tomorrow, December 2, with our passports in hand, we fly home. Can't wait to get Cambelle to her homeland to meet her great grandparents and the rest of our family and friends!
No comments:
Post a Comment